Skills That Change Your World
Disappointments and disagreements are a daily part of every workplace. So what makes the difference between teams that handle frustrations constructively and those that spiral into blame and mistrust?
Conflict Savvy! empowers individuals from front-line employees to leaders to top executives to build the workplace environment they desire – and deserve. Learn the part you and your colleagues can play in building a resilient culture of integrity and pride in work. Learn why negative assumptions pick up momentum and spread, how to short-circuit destructive disagreement, and eliminate unconscious behaviors that spark power struggles and mistrust.
In a recent Gallup poll, nearly 70% of employees reported that they are disengaged from work or actively undermining the efforts of others. At a cost, Gallup estimates, of 34¢ on the dollar. Fortunately, organizations can reverse these discouraging trends. Thera Rising consistently generates return on investment between 600% and 900%.
Executives and front-line employees testify that this seminar transformed the way they respond to disagreement – in their professional and personal lives. Thera Rising’s strategies have been featured in dozens of publications including The New York Times, HR Magazine, Harvard Management Update, Oprah Magazine, and MSNBC.
- Less anger, depression, and resentment
- A proven strategy to prevent anger from derailing group efforts
- Skillfully handling ongoing frustrations – demands, delays, and disagreements
- Renewed energy, collaboration, and optimism
- Improved morale and restored trust
At the end of the day you will be able to:
- Turn resentment into shared responsibility
- Avoid the mistakes that derail productivity and erode cohesiveness
- Reverse power struggles
- Short-circuit the hidden costs of contempt
- Shift the focus off people and personalities to the five root causes of workplace tension
- Turn self-righteous indignation into a search for solutions
- Be hard on the problem, soft on the people
- Build teams that endure even during times of rapid change
Course Content Includes:
- How conflict spreads out of control in organizations, and how to stop it
- How to handle frustration without losing your cool or undermining your effectiveness
- The negativity bias of the brain, and how to counter it
- How top-performing organizations respond to rapid change
- Social reciprocity, the most reliable predictor of behavior
- How to open the dialogue on critical conversations